**Post contains affiliate links**
If your kids are anything like mine then they will have slime on their Christmas lists. Emmy is obsessed with the stuff – she plays with it, watches others playing with it on YouTube, makes her own and even watches others making it again on YouTube.
Recently she reviewed the Poopsie Unicorn Slime maker which we didn’t rate at all, you can read that review here just in case it’s on a Christmas list in your household.
Instead of paying £50 on a Unicorn which poops slime rather badly, why not have a go at making your own.
Here are the instructions for a lovely Christmas Wrapping Paper Slime which is far easier to make and cheaper too.
Christmas Wrapping Paper Slime
- 1 airtight container – We buy ours in bulk
- 1 x 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution or activator
- Chunky flakes (I found mine at Hobby Craft in their Christmas crafts section, but if you don’t have a Hobby Craft or can’t find them, you can always try a metallic paper and cut it into small pieces.) You could also use metallic wrapping paper
- Small bowl
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Add the chunky glitter flakes.
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Store in an airtight container.
My children love mixing this all together and you can make it as sparkly and glittery as you like, you could even match the colours to your Christmas tree decorations this year if you wanted to.
Why not make up a few batches and give to school friends as a cheap gift idea.